Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Video on the Bad Science That Keeps Smokers Smoking, and Dying

 

I recently participated in a panel discussion about tobacco harm reduction (THR) at the Tobacco Merchants Association meeting.  While assembling my powerpoint presentation, I recalled that I presented to this group 18 years ago, in 2006, what was likely their first introduction to THR. 

To view my 10-minute primer on bad science – then and now – watch this video, starting at the 26-minute mark.  I discuss the genesis of the myth that smokeless dip and chew products present a high risk for mouth cancer (discussed extensively in this blog by searching for “Winn”), and my THR team’s attempts to correct fatally flawed vaping research articles.    

I’m happy to provide the slides upon request.    

No comments: